Landlord Possession Proceedings

Many landlords bring their own possession proceedings but it is often
best to seek professional help to do so.

Most private sector tenants are assured shorthold tenants and at the
end of the fixed period of the tenancy the landlord can recover the
property through the no fault Section 21 procedure.   However, over
the last few years this has become more complex.

There are a number of errors that a landlord can make that can render
a section 21 notice invalid.   These include failure to protect the
tenant’s deposit, serving the notice during the first 6 months of the
tenancy, failure to obtain and serve an energy performance
certificate, failure to obtain and serve a gas safety record and a
failure to give the tenant a copy of the government’s How to Rent

It is not always clear where there are rent arrears whether is is best
to use the rent arrears as a ground for possession or use the no fault
proceedings and seek the money in separate court proceedings.   What
can a landlord do about nuisance tenants?

There are still some assured and protected tenancies in existence
where the tenants may have extensive security of tenure.

For these reasons is is worth instructing an expert who can save you
time and money in getting it right first time.