What is an ID1 Form Verification?

December 2022

You will need to get your identity verified by a solicitor if you are sending one of the following applications to HM Land Registry:

  • Transfers (whether or not for value)
  • Transfers and deeds relating to the appointment or retirement of trustees
  • Leases (whether or not for value) that are being registered
  • Charges (mortgages) that are being registered
  • Discharge of a charge in form DS1
  • Release of a charge in form DS3
  • Surrenders of leases
  • Most voluntary and compulsory applications for first registration where the title deeds have been lost or destroyed
  • All other applications for compulsory first registration

The official document required to do this is called a Land Registry ID1 Form.

Courtyard Solicitors offer a verification service for those required to complete the Land Registry ID1 form.

The Land Registry ID1 form is required information to protect against registration fraud.

In certain circumstances where an applicant, or parties to a transaction are not represented by a conveyancer, or where title deeds have been lost or destroyed, your evidence of identity is required to enable the registration to proceed.

If you would like to have your identity checked by Courtyard Solicitors, you will need to take two identical passport-size photographs, which are less than three months old, we will then complete section B of this form.

You will need to bring one of the following

  • Current valid full passport
  • Current United Kingdom, EU, Isle of Man, Channel Islands photo-card driving licence (not a provisional licence)
  • Current Biometric Residence Permit issued by the UK Home Office to a non-UK national resident in the UK
  • OR

Two of the following but no more than one of each type:

  • Credit card bearing the MasterCard or Visa logo, an American Express or Diners Club card, or a debit or multi-function card bearing the Maestro or Visa logo which was issued in the United Kingdom and is supported by an original account statement less than three months old*
  • Utility bill less than three months old*
  • Council tax bill for the current year
  • Council rent book showing the rent paid for the last three months
  • Mortgage statement for the mortgage accounting year just ended*
  • Current firearm or shotgun certificate * These must be postal statements; they must not be statements sent electronically.

Courtyard Solicitors will charge a fee of £240+VAT for this service.

Both sections must be completed, dated and signed no more than three months before an application.

If you would like us to verify your identity please email us here to arrange an appointment, we have offices in Wimbledon, South West London and near Totnes South Devon.